In a bid to control the recent surge in COVID-19 cases in the National Capital, the Delhi Government today announced a fresh set of restrictions which shall remain in force till April 30.
An order to this effect has been issued by the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) banning all social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural and religious gatherings in Delhi.
The following guidelines have been issued by the DDMA: –
- All kinds of social, political, sporting, entertainment, academic, cultural, and religious festivals and gatherings in Delhi will be prohibited in Delhi
- All swimming pools to remain shut across the national capital barring those where athletes are training for national and international events
- Only 20 people will be allowed to attend funerals and 50 will be allowed at weddings
- Restaurants and bars across Delhi to operate at 50% of their seating capacity
- Buses will be allowed to run with only 50% of the seating capacity while metros must ensure only 50% of the coaches are filled at a time
- Sporting event will be allowed in the stadium but no audience will be allowed
- Cinema, theatres and multiplexes will run at 50% capacity
- All schools, colleges, educational institutions, coaching centers will remain shut. Online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged
- All Delhi government offices, autonomous bodies, Public Sector Undertakings, corporations and officers of Grade-1 or its equivalent level in the local body will be allowed to work at 100% capacity while the rest of will function with 50% of their staff.
- However, employees of the Health Department, Police, Home Guard Civil Defense, Fire and Emergency or District Administration will continue to work without any restrictions
- Private offices and organisations have been advised to call their employees at different timings so that the entire staff do not gather in the office at the same time. Work from home must be allowed as much as you possible
- All passengers coming from Maharashtra to Delhi by air will have to produce a negative RT-PCR report of a test conducted within 72 hours of their entry into Delhi. Those arriving from Maharashtra without a negative test report will be quarantined for 14 days. But those connected with constitutional and government machinery will be exempted
The following activities shall be permitted with restrictions as specified below and no permission is required from any authority for undertaking the following permitted activities:
- Funeral/ last rites related gatherings are allowed up to 20 persons.
- Marriage related gatherings are allowed up to 50 persons.
- Restaurants and Bars are allowed upto 50% of the seating capacity.
- Transportation by Delhi Metro: 50% of capacity of metro coach
- Transportation by buses: Intra-State (within NCT of Delhi) movement of buses (DTC as well as Cluster) shall be permitted with the condition that not more than 50 % of bus capacity shall be allowed at one time inside the bus. In the case of buses, boarding shall be allowed only from the rear door while de-boarding shall be allowed only from the front door.
- Stadia for organizing sports events shall be allowed without spectators.
- Cinemas/theaters/multiplexes will be permitted to open with up to 50% of their seating capacity.
- All Government offices of NCT of Delhi / Autonomous bodies/ PSUs/ Corporations/ Local Bodies shall function with officers oft the level of Grade-1 /equivalent and above to the extent of 100% strength. The remaining staff will attend up to 50% as per the requirement to be assessed by HOD concerned (the remaining 50% of the staff will work from home).
- All HODs shall issue consequential orders in respect of their concerned department in this regard.
- However, Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and Emergency Services, District Administration, Pay Account Office, Electricity, Water and Sanitation, Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services shall function without any restrictions and delivery of public services shall be ensured and necessary staff will be deployed for such purpose.
- Private offices/ organizations are advised to stagger the office timings and also stagger the presence and quantum of staff with an objective to reduce the number of employees attending office at the same time. They are further advised to follow the practice of work from home, as far as possible.
- A negative RT-PCR report (not older than 72 hours prior to undertaking the journey) shall be compulsory for all such persons who are arriving from Maharashtra to NCT of Delhi by Air.
- The passengers who are found without a negative report will have to remain quarantined for 14 days. All Constitutional Govemment functionaries and their staff members are exempted from these instructions, if they are asymptomatic.