From: Hokie Wellness
As previously announced on Aug. 8, Virginia Tech’s voluntary testing program for non-symptomatic student and employees ended on Aug. 29.
Symptomatic employees who think they may have COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has the virus, should contact their local health care provider, the Virginia Department of Health, or a local urgent care facility to be tested.
For both symptomatic and non-symptomatic employees:
- The VDH website provides a list of free COVID-19 testing sites throughout Virginia.
- Kits may also be obtained through the U.S. federal government.
- Kits may also be available through participating community libraries.
If employees are unable to get a test kit through one of the methods above or are unable to purchase a test at a local pharmacy, Hokie Wellness will maintain a small inventory of test kits to meet unforeseen circumstances.
To register to get a test, employees should contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or call 540-231-9331. The employee will need to pick up the test from Human Resources located at 300 Turner St., NW, Suite 2300, Blacksburg, VA 24061, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. If an employee has COVID-19 symptoms, please wear a mask when you pick up the test.
Please note the following:
- Only one kit will be issued per request.
- Test kits can only be issued to employees, including full and part-time faculty, staff, and non-student wage. Kits are not available for family members or friends.
- Employees may not pick up kits for other employees. Employees must register individually to get a test if they need one.
- Tests will be at-home antigen tests that an employee will administer themselves. They will not need to send the test out for results.
- Students who experience symptoms, including graduate assistants, may continue to get tested at Schiffert Health Center.
For additional information and community guidelines for the start of fall semester, review this fall preparedness message.