Six more patients with coronavirus have died at Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford – as 500 more cases were confirmed across the area.
The number of people who have died at the University Hospital of North Midlands NHS Trust has now risen to 409 since the start of the pandemic.
Another 126 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Stoke-on-Trent in the latest update, bringing the total since the start of the pandemic to 4,644.
There were also 374 new cases confirmed across the rest of Staffordshire – including 84 in Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough, 35 in the Staffordshire Moorlands and 58 in Stafford Borough.
Across the border in Cheshire East another 104 cases were confirmed.
Top stories on StokeonTrentLive
Confirmed Covid-19 cases by area as of November 2:
- Stoke-on-Trent: 4,644 (up 126 from yesterday)
- Staffordshire Moorlands: 1,361 (up 35 from yesterday)
- Newcastle Borough: 2,433 (up 84 from yesterday)
- Stafford Borough: 2,024 (up 58 from yesterday)
- Staffordshire County (all Staffordshire authorities – including those in the south of the county – excluding Stoke-on-Trent): 13,485 (up 374 from yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 6,382 (up 104 from yesterday)
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of November 2:
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust – Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital: 409
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust – Harplands Hospital): 6
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust – Haywood Hospital, Leek Moorlands Hospital, Bradwell Hospital, Cheadle Hospital and more: 13
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (including Leighton Hospital in Crewe): 221
- East Cheshire NHS Trust – Congleton War Memorial Hospital and Macclesfield District General Hospital: 155